In 1993 Round River began its student program, and with your help has accomplished much to protect the many wild places you all witnessed.
As we celebrate our mutual endeavors in North America, South America, and Africa, we are hoping to reconnect with you, our alumni. We are proud to have over 350 alumni. Our alums are leading amazing lives around the world. They are biologists, researchers, Peace Corps volunteers, Fulbright scholars, musicians, doctors, lawyers, writers, educators, and more. We hope that your experiences with Round River have continued to positively influence your lives.
Our goal is to reestablish the bond between Round River and each of our former student field assistants, whether you roamed the mountains of Arizona, Montana or Colorado, the forests of British Columbia, Ecuador and Chile, the savannah of Botswana, or the rocky desert plains of Namibia.
We are pleased to announce new ways to stay involved with Round River:
- Create an Alumni Profile on this site, and gain access to our Alumni Directory, where you can read updates from fellow alums. With an account you will also have exclusive access to our Career Center, where you will see postings for internships and jobs first, and find links for environmentally focused jobs around the world.
- Read and contribute to our Alumni Newsletter! Check out recent issues below for updates on current projects and to hear what your fellow alumni are doing now. Send any photos, poetry, or updates to
- Become a “fan” of Round River on Facebook. Stay current on Round River news, project updates, and relevant links. We’d love to see you up there!
- Join the Round River Alumni group on Facebook. This is great way to reconnect with friends, post photos and share memories from past programs. Plus, you’ll hear about Round River internship and job opportunities first.
- Read the Round River Blog. Follow current students’ adventures and see photos from the field. The blog is updated every so often depending on internet availability from the field – subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
. Sharing these with prospectives students and their parents offers a valuable inside view of Round River, and the positive impact we have on young people's lives.
- Let us know how we can better serve you. What type of involvement do you want to have with us? What do you see as the best role for alumni within Round River? Do you have any creative ideas on how we can successfully recruit students or fundraise? We would love to hear your ideas and welcome your feedback.
- Donate. There are so many students who wish to participate on a Round River program but who simply cannot afford the tuition. Please consider a donation to the Edward Abbey Scholarship Fund or directly to the project of your choosing. Give a minimum of $50 and receive a free RR hat!
Stay tuned for the next Alumni Newsletter, t-shirts, and more. Please let us know if there is any way we could improve this section for you. Email us with any ideas, questions, or concerns.